REDMOND, Washington – (BUSINESS WIRE) – May 26, Nintendo Switch online service is reaching an important milestone. Five more titles are added, bringing the number of classic games available to all Nintendo Switch Online members to a total of 104!
This month, get ready to deploy a dino demolition with the addition of Caveman Ninja (also known as Joe and Mac)! Take a trip back to the game’s prehistoric times with this radically retro pair of Stone Age caveman ninjas. Or you can create cool combo chains effortlessly in Magic drop2. Will pass Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 to complete a lightning-fast baseball pennant race, or maybe try to hunt an evil witch in Spanky™ Quest. To top it off riding a giant frog Ninja JaJaMaru-kun for an offbeat odyssey through these action-packed adventures from the archives.
A Nintendo Switch Online membership gives instant access to large libraries of Super NES™ and NES™ games, packed with beloved titles from the classic gaming era, as well as notable cult favorites and Japanese games never before seen in the U.S. Walk through a living museum of gaming history on the platforms Nintendo with adventures like THE Legend of Zelda™: A link to the past™, Donkey Kong Country™ and Super Mario Bros.™ 3, all of which can be played anytime, anywhere.
Read on for more details on the games arriving this month:
- Caveman Ninja (also known as Joe and Mac) – Joe and Mac, can cave dudes save the lost cave duds? In this 1991 action game, life was pretty cool for Joe and Mac until a group of Neanderthal nerds crashed into their village. Guys will have to jump to the rescue and jump, rush and use roll attacks to overcome Stone Age obstacles in their way. Just make sure you pick the best weapon for the situation, and the boys will be sure to get away with it!
- Magic drop2 – This puzzle game launched on the Super Famicom™ system in 1996, but he never saw an English version. But even if you’ve never played, the rules are easy to learn. Catch and throw away the drops coming down from the top. Create vertical lines of three drops of the same color to erase all connected drops. Enjoy four playable modes, including a mode that assigns you a rank at the end of the game, as well as a story mode with 10 characters to play!
- Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 – Get ready for superhuman high intensity baseball goggles! Use Ultra Plays like Phantom Ball, which will make the ball disappear halfway up, or Meteor Hit, which will knock out outfielders who come in contact with the ball before it bounces. With multiplayer options, a total of 18 baseball teams, and the ability to build your own original team, here are the wacky baseball simulation dreams!
- Spanky’s Quest – Spanky was on her way for a picnic when the witch Morticia began to knock bricks from the sky. Trapped, with six towers now built across the land, Spanky must clean up each one before the witch’s evil raven catches him. He’ll have to use his magic ball to stun enemies, bounce it off his head to power it up, and pop it up to attack – and try on hats along the way.
- Ninja JaJaMaru-kun – Play as a ninja and rescue the captured Princess Sakura in this action-packed game, originally released only in Japan. JaJaMaru must use his throwing stars to defeat the lurking monsters. Keep an eye out for the ultimate power-up – a spin on Gamapa-kun, the giant frog!
A Nintendo Switch Online membership also grants you access to the Battle Royale game. PAC-MAN™ 99. After four decades of iconic gaming memories, PAC-MAN is back in the maze, ready to hunt down these ever-elusive ghosts. But this time, you’ll take on 98 other players to become the last PAC-MAN standing. With eight different selectable strategies to deploy on the fly and the tantalizing promise of hosting a huge comeback when you eat a ghost train, PAC-MAN 99 offers an explosion of the past with modern thrills.
The Nintendo Switch Online paid service is a great way to connect and play compatible games online with friends and family around the world. With online play in compatible games like Animal crossing™: New Horizons, Pokemon™ Sword, Pokemon™ Shield, Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate, Mario kart™ 8 Deluxe, Tetris 99® and many more, a Nintendo Switch Online membership can help you discover it all Nintendo Switch has to offer.
For more information on all the benefits and services available with a Nintendo Switch Online membership, and to learn more about a seven-day free trial, go to the Nintendo Switch Online section of the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu or visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/.
Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. The free trial automatically converts to a one-month auto-renewing subscription, unless auto-renew is turned off at the end of the free trial. Credit card / PayPal account required for ages 18 and over. The Free Trial cannot be used by a Nintendo Account with an active Individual or Family Membership. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online functionality. Conditions apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
Animal Crossing: New Horizons © 2020 Nintendo.
Donkey Kong Country © 1994 Nintendo.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past © 1991-1992 Nintendo.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe © 2017 Nintendo.
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun © CITY CONNECTION CO., LTD.
PAC-MAN ™ 99 © BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. Posted by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
Pokémon Sword © 2019 Pokémon. © 1995-2019 Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc.
Pokémon Shield © 2019 Pokémon. © 1995-2019 Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc.
Spanky’s ™ Quest © 1992 Natsume Inc. All rights reserved.
Super Baseball Simulator 1.000 © CULTURE BRAIN EXCEL.
Magical Drop2 © G-MODE Corporation / DATA EAST.
Caveman Ninja © G-MODE Corporation / DATA EAST.
Super Mario Bros. 3 © 1988 Nintendo.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate © 2018 Original Nintendo game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Tetris 99 Tetris ® and © 1985 ~ 2021 Tetris Holding. The Tetris logos, the Tetris theme song and Tetriminos are trademarks of Tetris Holding. The Tetris trade dress is owned by Tetris Holding. Licensed to The Tetris Company. Design of the game Tetris by Alexey Pajitnov. Tetris Logo Design by Roger Dean. All rights reserved. Sub-licensed to Nintendo. Some new content developed by Nintendo, as well as all characters, sounds and video games originally owned by Nintendo: © 2019 Nintendo. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2021 Nintendo.
Note to editors: Nintendo press material is available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password protected site. To obtain an identifier, please register on the site.